Monday, February 23, 2009

Myspace/Facebook

Myspace and Facebook are interesting promotional tools. It seems these social networking sites supplement are websites. If our websites were less static, would we still need to be on Facebook? I wonder what the statistics are. Are we really reaching more people through these sites? How many non-library employess are really our "friends?" Apparently Myspace is not as popular as FAcebook. We have 13 friends there as opposed to the 116 listed on Facebook. I do not have any friends my age who mantain a site on Myspace, yet more and more join Facebook all the time. The Facebook platform appears slicker. Is it easier to work with, or does our Myspace page need a little work? In addition to promoting our services, I would like to see us post pieces on other events in our community and generally have features about books or maybe these should just go on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment