Monday, March 23, 2009

Finding Feeds

Finding feeds is easy. Finding feeds worth reading, harder. The easiest and most efficient way to find feeds is to located the rss button or feed subscription links on a website that you already visit. It is easier to have your websites come to you via a reader than to visit numerous websites each day checking for new information. If you are searching for feeds on a given topic and don't know where to go, I would recommend searching for feeds within google reader. It is an easy way to find the most popular feeds on a subject. As a secnodary source, I would recommend Bloglines. Their enhanced search feature allows you to search for feeds or posts. Technorati is not a qualiative directory. A search here reminds you how much crap the world is blogging. However, it is usual for searching for specific bits of news or searching a specific blog. I started using Google Reader about six months ago and it is useful for keeping up on library news. I recommend being selective about what you read. More is not better. These tools can save time but oversubscribing is counterproductive.

No comments:

Post a Comment